Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Why we all worship.

Hint:  Cogito ergo adoremus Deum.


Why am I here?   Why do I exist?
Why are you here?  Why do you exist?
The answer may surprise you.   We are here to worship God.   That is it!


"Don't we exist to eat, grow and reproduce?"

                                                         No, you are thinking of an amoeba.


"Don't we exist to help the needy around the world?

                                                         No, you are thinking of Miss America.


Rene Descartes, seventeenth century blogger and philosopher, gave us this famous viewpoint on why we exist.  "I think therefore I am" (cogito ergo sum).   Descartes basically said "I know I exist now because I think."

As for me, a 2012 blogger and former college student on academic probation, "I think therefore I worship"  (Cogito ergo adoremus).  Basically, I am saying that I know I exist forever because I worship".

"Are you sure about that, Christian Bro?   When I read the Bible I don't see any stories about Jesus worshipping."

(Pause for thought)

You are right.   There are no stories of Jesus worshipping in the New Testament.   Jesus doesn't exist to worship God.   He exists to be worshipped.   He is the one true God and fulfills the Heavenly Father's Redemptive plan for us.   Go back to those Bible stories and use a wide angle lens.   Do you see the crowds of people around Jesus?   They are doing what we are meant to do.   They are worshipping Jesus.   They have just realized that He is the Messiah and they exist forever to worship Him.

The Heavenly Father has created us.   Jesus, the Christ, has redeemed us.  The Holy Spirit has awakened our souls.   "I think therefore I worship God"  (Cogito ergo adoremus Deum).


This is the "Worship For All" blog. It has a heavenly ending.

Next up:  "Why we all worship"  Part 2







No comments:

Post a Comment